Monday, March 5, 2012

JOURNEY vol 1 : WRITING 絵馬(えま-EMA) ROAD TO UNIVERSITY at 湯島天神 (YUSHIMA TENZIN)


Some people say It takes work hard and luck to gain an oppurtunity and achieve your goal. Everyday working hard still won't be enough if The One who created this world and us doesn't support us.
 Since I'm living in Japan now, why not try what students here do to get luck for examination ? ^0^
 Around February and March, Japanese students usually have important exminations. It can be an entrance exam to higher education or a final test.
 This February I was actually trying to get into my dream university, BUNKA GAKUEN. It's a school popular for Fashion Study and even Japan top fashion designer like Yohji Yamamoto studied at Bunka. My dream is to be a Fashion Stylist for a famous fashion magazine and I believe I made a good choice by trying this university entrance examination.

 One day at Japanese Language class I opened a site which shown that there is this shrine called Yushima Tenzin and very famous among students who are taking examination. They usually come there to pray and write their wish on a little wooden board called 絵馬(えま - ema). Hang your ema there and when your wish is granted, you have to go back and thank God for the miracle happen. And I thought, IT'S DECIDED, LET'S GO THERE !



Just 2 days before my exam, I am having my hair cut at Ginza and it was around 5 stops from Ginza(I guess,hehehe :p) Actually there are few stations which are near the shrine, but I took the furthest one--SILLY ME >.< I stopped at HONGO SANCHOME ( by Tokyo Metro Marunouchi Line). The nearest station according to Yushima Tenjin website is at YUSHIMA EKI (by Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line) or UENO HIROKOJI EKI( by Tokyo Metro Ginza Line) It was said that it took around 10 minutes, but it was more !!!! I was almost lost cause it was really far ! Luckily I met this old man which wore a "shrine people" clothes,hahahaha. I just followed him through a very long road and YEAH !! I FOUND THE SHRINE!! The old man really was an angel !!

I made a prayer their, in my own words and write my ema. And when my dream comes true, I will be back, YUSHIMA TENZIN... promise made by DoitsuPanda ^0^






LOTS OF EMA FROM MANY PEOPLE AROUND JAPAN


A STUDENT WRITING HER OWN EMA
, HER OWN WISH

MY EMA. MY WISH ^0^


HANGING YOUR BAD OMIKUJI

BUY YOUR LUCKY CHARM HERE ^0^

2 comments: