Sunday, October 21, 2012

A SATURDAY IN SHIMOKITAZAWA - HEAVEN OF FASHION RECYCLE SHOP and SELLING TIPS :)




 Japan isn't always about the glamorous fashion life in Shibuya and super busy clean look salary men in Shinjuku. There is also a retro side of Japan, especially Tokyo, and you can definitely found it in SHIMOKITAZAWA, where all the vintage stuffs live ^0^
 When you surf the internet and type keywords like "vintage clothes Tokyo"  mostly the result will guide you to Shimokitazawa. Before I came to Japan, I never thought that my old clothes, shoes, bags and any other fashion items can have a new home. I used to not know what I should do with the stuff that I am alredy bored with. Turns out, countries like Japan has a solution for the wheel of fashion which rotates every seconds. It is, through RECYCLE SHOP !
 I have been living in Japan for a year now and just about 6 months ago, I found a recycle shop near my dorm. I have been selling my old stuff since then and of course I found some cute vintage stuff. However, I want something more !!! I want to feel the REAL VINTAGE STORE !!! Luckily, I have 先輩(senpai-senior student) from my old Japanese language school who agreed to give me a tour of Shimokitazawa, YEIIIYYY !!!!
 
Meet, MIDORI a.k.a JOSEPHINE :)


 It was a bright sunny Saturday when we met in Musashi Koganei Station and I saw Midori with her 2 huge bags, ready to get rid of her old stuff, hehehe. Since our starting point is not from Shinjuku, we took the JR Chuo Line to Kichijoji and we changed to Keio Inokashira Line. Actually, for anyone who start the journey from Shinjuku or Shibuya, there is a direct line to Shimokitazawa too. I was super excited because that day my target was not only to pick up ( meaning : buy :p) some vintage stuff, I wanted to try using my PAMPY's CAMERA. (Pampy - my daddy cute nickname ^^) He passed that camera to me when we meet for spring holiday and I never tried to use it because it is so heavy. 今から頑張ります!! (ima kara gambarimasu - from now on I will try my best !) So, you will see the pictures on this article were taken by Nikon D300S. I am still a newbie in the camera world so, kindly understand my little amount of experience :)

 I will introduce to you guys some stores that I went. マイオススメ !!!!!!!!!!!!!(MY OSUSUME-MyRecommendtion) ^0^

1. JUMBLE STORE (sorry I am not allowed to took pictures of the store T.T)

   This store is quite big for a fashion recycle shop because it has some floors and seperate the categories for the clothes. Jumble Store carries variety of men and women brand clothes and you can find any styles !! The price is affordable I think, but there are some pricy stuff too because they are famous branded stuff. And, the best part is... YOU CAN SELL YOUR OLD STUFF HERE!!!!
 Okay let me give you guys some advice in selling your items to recycle store :
#1 DON'T EXPECT TOO HIGH
   Well, don't be sad when I said it, because the basic rule of getting rid of your stuff is not to gain so much money, but TO EMPTY YOUR CLOSET FOR SOME SPACE. When you sell the clothes, I am sure that the amount of money the store will give is not as much as the original price. So, be ready for it !
 #2 SELL ON THE RIGHT SEASON
    Some recycle shop won't accept clothes which are out of season. I was once sold my winter knitwear on summer and they rejected them. I coud still sell some of the thin knitwear but the price they offered to me was lower than I could get when I sold my items on Fall or Winter. More interesting part is in Jumbe Store when you have the same exact items that they need, you can get so much more money for it.

check the store : http://www.jumblestore.com/

2. RAINBOW NATURAL CAFE AND GRILL

 

 As we are guided by the rainbow toward the stairs, you will find a super healthy restaurant with delicious dish !! Midori was actually the one who found this pace accidentally. I was so amazed with the pictures of the lunch dish and it was really worth going ! The place was super cute and simple with bright light getting inside the place. You can also read some interesting books there. Just ike what Midori brought in the pictures bellow.



OUR HEALTHY NON MSG LUNCH ^0^ 
 


PICTURES TOUR with DOITSUPANDA and MIDORI


I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE A HUGE PEPSI CAN !!!! 

 NOT JUST CLOTHES, THERE IS ALSO HOUSEHOLD ITEM STORES TOO

I WANT TO HAVE THIS MUSHROOM TABLE IN MY APARTMENT 0^0^0 

JAPANESE SNACKS, ANYONE ?? 

 ETHNIC STORES with ORIGINAL DESIGNS

HIDDEN VINTAGE STORE, I WANT THE MICKEY AND UNION JACK !! 

THIS STORE IS SO JAPANESE, THE STUFF THE STYLE OF THE ITEMS !! 

I WISH I HAVE UNLIMITED SPACE FOR SHOES  

 HOLDING MY BREATH FOR CUTE ITEMS, AAAAAAA

SHOES, SHOES, SHOESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!!!!! 


 315円 SHOP, GOOD STUFF WITH AFFORDABLE PRICE

 AND NOT TO FORGET, HALLOWEEN STYLE RILAKKUMA <3
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment