Monday, October 29, 2012

文化祭ーBUNKA SAI PREPARATION, OUR APRON : THE STORY

 
 October really flies so fast and the weather is getting so much colder. However, I am super excited because once November comes, new adventures await ! Perhaps in other country, 3rd of November is not that special, but for JAPAN, IT IS !! Guess what, IT'S 文化の日(Bunka no hi - National Culture Day) I must say Japan really has so many unique celebration days and one of the "wanted" days is the Culture Day. Usually, Schools in Japan will be having a FESTIVAL !!! My Univeristy is no exception !! Afterall, my University name is Bunka Gakuen Daigaku, hahahaha, surely we have a very unique, fun and memorable festival every year !!! One of the most popular events is THE BAZAAR !!! I will make a special article about it later, because now I will tell you the オススメ(Osusume-totally recommended) item that you should find in the bazaar, OUR REVERSIBLE APRON !!!!!!!!!!!! You can have 2 different textiles at the same time on one piece of apron ! Anyone going to Bunka Sai Bazaar, GRAB IT FAST !!!! ^0^ 
 Well, I say Our in the precious paragraph because some of my classmates and I were divided into  groups and we had to make many kind of items to sell. Let me tell you, it seems simple but IT WASN'T EASY AT ALL !!! Since the apron is a bazaar product, our sensei (teacher) were very hard on us and really encouraged to make it as perfect as possible. There are so many customers who always come every year to buy the stuff that students made, so we couldn't mess up at all. I remember for almost 2 weeks I was so stressed because the sewing machine's condition wasn't good and I couldn't sew the apron well. Working with super tight deadline really put alot of pressure. Almost everyday my group and I discussed about the textile combination for the apron and divided the working parts for the members of the group. What made it more difficult was the leather neck part of the apron. Once we cut the leather unsymmetrically, sensei would make us cut again and again until it was cut perfectyly. It was a very challenging experience for me. At first I was very upset when my apron got rejected and I need to sew it all over again, but THAT IS REAL LIFE. Who wants to buy a messy apron ! I feel lilke I am being burn in a high temperature fire so I will be a tough pottery :D hehehehe ^0^
 Once the work was done we had to iron the aprons and write a message card for our buyer ^0^ I think that was my favorite part because I had a chance to tell the buyer about the philosophy of my apron. Below you can see our last phase of the work before we gave them to sensei for "last inspection" !! GUESS WHICH ONE IS MY APRON ???!!!  
 

A HEART SHAPE MESSAGE CARD FOR THE CUSTOMER ^0^
 
 FOLDING THE APRON LIKE ORIGAMI ? >w<

IRONING 10 APRONS REALLY TOOK AWAY OUR STRENGTH :(( 

頑張ってミヒロ!!!^0^ (ganbatte Mihiro - FIGHT MIHIRO ^0^ btw, Mihiro is her name ^0^)
 
ONE OF MY FRIEND'S MESSAGE CARD ^^


WELL, WE STILL HAD TIME FOR A LITTLE KAWAII POSE :p
 
 
 
AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST,
 
WHICH ONE IS MY APROOOOONNN ?????
A. YELLOW APRON WITH RED POCKET
B. MAGENTA CALENDAR APRON
C. BLACK APRON WITH ETHNIC MOTIF POCKET



PICK YOUR CHOICE AND THE ANSWER IS..........................................

C !!!!!!
Well you know Doitsu Panda, she is SUPER DUPER MAD FOR ETHNIC TEXTILE ^0^ hahaaha !!!
 


 Okay, let me tell you abit about my apron ! First of all I am sorry I couldn't take the back side of the apron which was supposed to have different motif (ToT) However, I am super duper into the colorful NUSA TENGGARA TIMUR TEXTILE POCKET !! I never got tired to put a touch of Indonesia on what I will be making in my unversity life.  KYAAA, wondering who will the lucky buyer be ^0^


 A TOUCH OF GREEN BUTTON, SO DOITSUPANDA ^w^

 ZOOOOOOOOOMMM !!!!!!!!
 
 
I wish my readers, who are in Japan now or on November, will have a chance to come to my university's bazaar ^0^ I will give you the deatils about the festival here.
 
Date : November 2nd-4th 2012 (Fri-Sun)
Location : 3-22-1 Yoyogi, Shibuya-ku,
Tokyo 151-8523 Bunka Gakuen University Shintoshin Campus
Tel: (03) 3299-2311

 Wish I can meet you guys there :D
 
 
For anyone who can't come, DoitsuPanda will be making special reports about BUNKA SAI !!!! STAY TUNE ^^
 
 

 

1 comment: