Wednesday, October 3, 2012

HAPPY BELATED BATIK DAY, INDONESIA ^0^



 I must say October is a very special day for me because 2nd of October is INDONESIAN BATIK DAY ^0^ It started back on 2009 when UNESCO finalised Batik as a true Indonesian heritage. I believe that we should not only wear Batik or other Indonesian textile on that day only,  but as many occasions as we can. That's why I have made up my mind that once a week I will wear my Indonesian textile and accessories to school. Eventhough I am living in a Japanese style environment I don't want to loose my identity. I also have made a shirt and shoes from Batik and I want to share with you guys very soon !
 This post was supposed to be publised on the exact day of Batik Day, but I got so busy with class, so its better late than never !!!!!! ENJOY MY OUTFIT and feel free to drop some comments ^0^ It will means alot to me ^0^

* I wore this MEGA MENDUNG dress to school, along with my ethnic bracelet and Batik flower headband <3

dress by RAJJAS BATIK, INDONESIA
headband from ALUN ALUN INDONESIA, JAKARTA, INDONESIA
bracelet by ODRIGO for GEULIS :)

Thanks to my mom and dad who always help me find good stuff ^0^


 
 

 


3 comments:

  1. Love your dress so much, dear :*
    When are you planning to come to sby?
    Bisous!

    http://sequin-queen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, girl! I went back to Surabaya last month >.<
      Still in Indonesia now ? or studying abroad ? ^0^

      Delete
  2. you're look so gorgeus,, ;)
    thank you so much

    Rajjas Batik
    twitter: @RajjasBatik

    ReplyDelete